WHO ARE WE?
The ODC registered as The ODC (Pty) Ltd (Company Registration Number: 2017/525120/07 (“The ODC”) provides talent management services to organisations, in the form of wellbeing, leadership coaching, training and development, talent acquisition, change management and organisational development. Furthermore, The ODC provides counselling and therapeutic services for individuals and groups.
The ODC is founded by an industrial and organisational psychologist and counsellor, registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
The official website is on www.theodc.co.za (website).
We care about your privacy. As a responsible professional service and our code of ethics to the HPCSA, we secure all your personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) and is of utmost importance to us. As such, we ensure that we collect, use, store and transfer (“process”) your Personal Information in keeping with laws and regulations that are aimed at protecting the integrity of your Personal Information.
You should not be using the services of The ODC if:
- you are younger than 18 years old and do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts and therefore, will be required to have guardian consent
- You do not give consent
- Sending a resume to the client as consented through telephone or email
- With consent, participating in psychometrics and the information shared with relevant client
- Processing your information to the relevant client such as psychometrics or a resume
- Storing your resume for future activities
- Processing payment for training
- With consent, processing your credentials for verification via MIE.
- For further information in relation to the above, or should you wish to opt out of any form of direct or indirect marketing mentioned above, please contact our information officer at email@example.com
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
Currently, we collect the following information:
- For talent acquisition
- Your “Personal Information” as defined in POPI and the General Data Protection Regulation, as amended from time to time, which includes but is not limited to: your name, surname, identity number, residential address, telephone number, email address and educational and work history.
- Any additional Personal Information you wish to provide on a voluntary basis such as skills, and any relatable information to your working profile.
- For talent acquisition, career guidance, development:
- Your “Personal Information” as defined in POPI and the General Data Protection Regulation, as amended from time to time, which includes but is not limited to: your name, surname, identity number, residential address, registered address, telephone number, email address and educational and work history.
- Psychometric assessment results which are stored safe and securely for a period of up to 5 years and are not available for release within consent
- All personal information shared within the counselling room, provided at your own discretion
|Reason we process your information||Legal basis for processing your information|
|To provide you with your recruitment needs||Fulfil contractual obligations and pursue legitimate interests.|
|To provide the client with your information for recruitment purposes||Fulfil contractual obligations and pursue legitimate interests.|
|To do verifications when client requests for recruitment purposes||Fulfil contractual obligations.|
|To carry out psychological services for mental wellbeing and mental health||Comply with laws and pursue legitimate interests.|
|To carry out psychometric services for recruitment or developmental purposes||Comply with laws and pursue legitimate interests.|
We process your data as needed to fulfil our contractual fulfilment towards you and as required by statutory retention periods or necessary to pursue our legitimate interests.
We process the following information
- Payment via third party secured electronic funds transfer, or direct with The ODC
Counselling and assessment
- Medical aid details for medical aid schemes for payment of counselling and assessment services
WHO WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
Credit bureaus and similar providers. Your personal data may be shared with credit bureaus, providers of identity lookups and fraud prevention agencies to comply with our regulatory obligations and to protect you and other customers from fraud. This includes medical aid schemes
The ODC. Your information may be shared with relevant employees in The ODC
Authorities. The ODC may disclose necessary information to authorities, such as regulatory bodies, if we are required by law or you agreed to it (for instance, for anti-money laundry or counter-terrorism).
Business. The ODC may disclose Personal Information to our clients for legitimate business purposes and for the purpose of your application.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We strive to process your data within South Africa which data is stored in the cloud that could be hosted on a physical server anywhere in the world. The ODC will ensure all reasonable contractual, legal, technical, and organisational measures are taken to adequately secure your Personal Information.
HOW DO WE ENSURE THE SECURITY OF INFORMATION?
The ODC is committed to ensuring the safeguard of your data. All computers and cloud access are protected by a password.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE INFORMATION THAT WE PROCESS
Your legal rights pertaining to your Personal Information will always be respected by us.
In the event that you would like – (i) access to your Personal Information; (ii) to correct or amend your Personal Information; (iii) to request the deletion of your Personal Information; (iv) to object to the processing of your Personal Information; (v) a copy or description of the record containing your Personal Information; (vi) the identity or categories of third parties who have access to your Personal Information, or (vii) to have your Personal Information deleted, you may inform us of your request in writing, using one of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Mail: 7 Cavendish Road, Vincent, East London, 5241
We will attend to requests for access to Personal Information within a reasonable time. You may be required to pay a prescribed fee to receive copies or descriptions of records, or information. Your request for access may be refused in certain circumstances and access may be limited by certain applicable legislation.
Upon the provision by you of adequate documentation that we deem sufficient to support your identity, we will inform you of the changes that we are legally capable of providing to your Personal Information, as permitted by applicable legal and ethical reporting standards imposed on us. The changes in Personal Information will be reflected on our systems as soon as is reasonably possible.